Do you enjoy watching movies? Do you have a favorite show which you wouldn’t miss at any cost? Are you a Bollywood fan or a Jazwood enthusiast? Well, I have good news for all of you!
VIVA Bahrain, the Kingdom’s most innovative telecom provider, has partnered with icflix, the Middle East and North Africa’s leading online streaming service, to bring us the ultimate digital experience: access to unlimited premium movies, TV shows, cartoons and documentaries, from literally ANYWHERE and for only 3 BD per month!
Yes, you read right. 3 BD per month! That’s even less than the cost of ONE ticket to cinema! Plus, with your icflix subscription you can be granted access on up to FIVE different devices! mmm.. that means like getting… five tickets for the price of one for as many movies, shows, cartoons you wish in a month!
If you are a VIVA user like myself, here’s how you can grab this amazing offer:
Send the text message “ON” to 98663 to activate your premium icflix subscription.
Once your subscription is activated, you will be granted immediate access to a wide selection of Jazwood, Hollywood and Bollywood content as well as to kids’ award winning programs which can be played on up to five assigned devices, so you can watch your favorite movies or shows from your smartphone, tablet, computer or smart TV anytime, anywhere. Arabic, French and English audio or subtitles are available on option so you can get the most out of your icflix subscription. The 3 BD fee is charged directly on your post-paid bill or prepaid credit with VIVA so you can enjoy watching without worrying about anything, plus your first month is FREE!!
So what are you waiting for? Go for it as I did! My kids already watch their favorite show from their iPads and they love it!
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by beauty expert and blogger Maria Muekalia !! For amazing tips and fashion trends follow her NOW!!
Thanks Maria, I’m glad to (finally) answer all of your questions:
When did you know fashion/beauty was your calling? – Since I was a little kid, about 9 years old. I remember my fashion mentor: auntie Eve bringing me all the nice stuff from her trips to Paris. I started making fashion drawings around that time. By the age of twelve I had made my first handbag out of an old pair of jeans and I was spending my pocket money to fashion magazines.
How long have you had your blog? – idol-image.com is up for the last 3 years. But I had experimented with other blogs before that.
Would you want to be a personal makeup artist or stylist? – I am a stylist and I do my friends’ makeup, among other things.
What is your favorite color? –P!nk– now you know my favorite singer too.
What is your favorite quote? – Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. Aristotle.
Jeans or shorts? – Jeans in Bahrain, shorts in Greece (my legs tanned).
Business or casual? – Hmmm… smart casual.
Favorite makeup product? – Dior’s Rosy Glow
You’re on a desert island…what three items are in your purse? – My iPhone, my iPad and a solar powered charger.
Favorite fashion accessory? – Bag of course!
What is your dream job? – If I were reborn I would have become a musician.
Here are my questions you have to answer before passing your own questions to your blog nominations.
Rules (they exist so we can “break” them 🙂
Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog. Answer the eleven questions set for you. Nominate eleven bloggers with less than a thousand followers. Write eleven questions for your nominees
Who is your idol and why?
What is your craziest ambition?
If you were an animal, what animal would you rather be?
Seaside or mountain?
Sprouts or broccoli?
Are you a “feminist”?
Who is your favorite fashion designer?
What is the predominant color in your closet?
Where would one find you at exactly 12:45 pm on weekdays?
Which country is at the top of your “to visit” list now?
Every Greek knows what ΦΙΛΟΤΙΜΟ means. It’s hard to explain to non-Greeks simply because there isn’t an equivalent word in any other language in the world and because it describes not just a term, but a complex set of values tried and tested since the depths of time when the Greek civilization was evolving. PHILOTIMO is engraved on our souls and directs our lives. It is in our DNA.
It is one of the reasons I feel proud to be Greek. It’s about honoring your word, sacrificing yourself for the greater good, being honest with yourself and others, living by principals and so many more ideas the following video nicely presents in an effort to decode this concept.
As a Greek, by watching this video I realized that when I distance myself from someone (something which I rarely do) it is because either I come before the sad conclusion that this person doesn’t have any φιλότιμο at all, or because he purposely stepped on and betrayed my φιλότιμο for his own personal gain so my αξιοπρέπεια takes over.
It has been a while since my last post and some of you already know the reason for this absence. My health adventure is past now and although it hasn’t been exactly 100 days since my surgery, more than 100 thoughts already passed my mind, some of which I would randomly like to share with you.
1. I love life.
2. Life must love me too. After all, I was given another chance.
3. Life is short but can be full. And should be meaningful.
4. Thank God I still have more time to find the meaning of life. If I ever do find a meaning, besides “living”.
5. Yes, I believe in God, do you have a problem with that?
6. FYI There exist saints and angels here and now. I know I met them. Find your own, there shouldn’t be farther than your side, all you need to do is call them.
7. Smile, smile, smile. Even your enemies cannot resist a broad smile. It will fill them with questions and you with giggles.
8. By the way, fashion wise the hospital nailed it. Green open back mini robe, white tights and blue beanie. Eco-friendly, au naturel and such. Oh so chic!
9. I enjoy a full supportive, loving, caring network of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and friends. I got reminded of that a second time in my life. You don’t need to go through what I did to check your surroundings and spot your family.
10. I owe so much to my lovely husband and our two incredible kids, I don’t think I can ever repay. Unless washing their underwear for a few more years does the job.
11. Being sad for whatever you face makes you ugly. Being angry for your bad luck makes you a monster. Being silent when you want to shout makes you a ticking bomb. Expect it to blow up in your face sooner or later.
12. Drinking a glass or two of wine every night doesn’t make you a drunk, a bottle does.
13. You know the saying: “Whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger”? Totally BS. This whatever can actually make you more vulnerable.
14. No money whatsoever can buy you total health. But be sure you can get the maximum of the health your money can buy. So be wise and get a good life insurance.
15. In some countries and for some doctors no.14 has no good use in any case, in any way and however much money you have. They simply don’t give a shit if you live or die. How sad.
16. I love Europe and I am proud I am Greek. My country is the best of all I have visited so far (and they are many). Eat your guts!
17. It’s ok not to like some people. It doesn’t mean you want bad things to happen to them, you just disapprove their negative effect on you. And you keep them out of your life. That being said I hate arrogance and lying.
18. I love flowers. Peonies in particular. Very few know this favorite of mine. My heart simply melts in the sight and smell of peonies.
19. So now you have no excuses to bring me other flowers than peonies. And gosh they are hard to find.
20.Those 4-5 kilos I gained after exiting the hospital? Screw them, they will go on their own when they decide to. I can’t even bother for a diet now. Besides most of the fat went to where it should go. The downside to this is that I have to buy new bras, no big deal about it.
21. And can please someone tell me who are these people who decide about beauty standards? Cause even if it’s “wrong” I gained weight, I feel much sexier now! Who nulled thousands of years of Aphrodites and Renaissance women curves? (It’s a rhetorical question, I don’t expect any answer).
22. Thank you. And you. And you. And you. Thank you ALL!
23. — Censored —
24. — Censored —
25. I shouldn’t forget to revisit and update this post with all the “censored” thoughts. “Censored” is a temporary status. So is my stay on earth. 🙂
26. What happens next nobody knows, what happens now is up to you to define and correct if necessary.
27. What happens between friends, stays between friends.
28. Be open. In the mind, in your heart, in your soul. But just in case keep the key to your gates in your hands. You never know when you might want to lock someone out of your little heaven. And it’s alright.
29. I don’t want to settle, I don’t want to set. But since this is inevitable, I hope I rise again. Like the sun.
30. I love you. And you. And you. And you. I love you ALL!
31. Everything is music to my ears. Every little sound. Your every little breath. And snore (more like heavy metal music).
32. By the way, listen:
33. They may have removed my tumor but not my humor. I wish people had more of this uplifting gift. Humor is the best way to deal with any obstacle in your way.
34. When you don’t give yourself the chance to ask for a break, yourself will make it so yourself can take it. Automatic process.
35. Don’t put too many things on your plate and then try to juggle with all of them. At the end you will have your “pasta” on the face. Relax. Take your time. Life is not a race.
36. TAKING A SMALL BREAK- SORRY I HAVE TO RUSH TO PICK UP MY KIDS.
38. I have my own equation to lasting love: Sex should definitely exceed in times the fighting. Fighting should not include any physical or mental harm. What does that mean? Well I don’t know, ask a shrink, he probably doesn’t know either.
39. Who am I a kidding? I know nothing about relationships. I guess finding the perfect mate depends on luck. And maybe kismet.
40. I’m not the only one. And I’m not alone.
41. Hello? Are you still with me?
42. Too much thinking brings you too much trouble.
43. I know, I’m a little crazy. And funny. And lovable. And… (up to you to complete that sentence, but honestly I don’t care).
44. Besides, there is no great genius without a mixture of madness. (not mine, – Aristotle said it first).
45. It could have been worse.
46. Palestine, Syria, Ukraine, Iraq… War, Famine, Greediness, political and religious extremism, The end of freedom …What is f.. wrong with you people? Didn’t history teach you ANYTHING at all? When will we learn? We all need one another, we are all one.
47. Irrelevant: FB(I) note: I wonder who are these friends of yours who don’t mind you calling them “bitches”. It’s not funny and it’s not cute. Don’t they get it yet that you’re telling them they are YOUR bitches? Low self-esteem bitches. It can’t get any lower than that.
48. Relevant: Sorry but I am honest, “a friend to all is a friend to none”. (not mine, – Aristotle again).
49. Cigarette cravings. I hate them. Can’t even enjoy my coffee anymore. Where’s science when you need it? Shouldn’t there be a perfectly “healthy” cigarette?
50. It’s not about destination. It’s about the journey. And you must learn to love this journey with all its “mumps and bumps”.
51. Refer to no.22
52. Refer to no.30
53-99 I might keep something for myself this time around…Anyways it is boring stuff you really don’t want and don’t need to know.
100. And please… don’t take any of these thoughts too seriously. Thoughts come and go and they may change over time. Life is a river of change.
The thing is that I’m back with a fresh mind and new “hardware” to start all over again from where I took the break. The software update didn’t quite succeed, with the basic functions of shopping, credit card spending and the likes still working fine as before, to the dismay of my significant other who had given the doctor specific upgrade instructions. Unfortunately no reset button installed either. “Stepford Wife project” totally failed. haha.
So what about you? How was your summer? Share a thought!
Watch Jeo[product]ions Bahrain twist on Pharrell Williams Happy song. Happy in Bahrain… hmmm… I leave the comments on to you for now, and I’d appreciate if you let me know what you think about the video or your life in Bahrain!
Yes. I admit it. I am an Anti-Valentine, and find all the sudden “love striken” couples specifically for Valentine’s day lukewarm at best. I hold nothing against love, I am a loving person, it’s the idea showing your love on that specific day (and sometimes the only day) that I oppose to… Anyways, I think this is too nice to just let it pass…
So, to all of you who don’t actually believe that there should be a “special day” to celebrate love, that includes me…
Past Valentine’s day, my soul sister had sent me a Valentine’s card and I was soooo touched!
For it made my day special and couldn’t care less if it was Valentine’s day. She gave me a break from my busy routine to remind me how we feel and how much we care for each other even if we live miles apart. Valentine’s day was just the trigger for her to shoot that message on my phone. It could have been any other day, like the one when we discovered this photo from photographer Gay Block on our friend’s coffee-table book…
…. and in a flash and giggles we imagined our distant future together…retirees and widows somewhere in Miami enjoying our remaining time, our kids looking for us …
But we are still young (at least at heart and spirit) and have lots of fun (whenever we get together). And when it’s been time since we last got together my sister makes sure to remind me that we need some friend therapy..
There are no boundaries in love, no sexes, no races, no ages, no miles and certainly no special days, for love makes every day a special one.
Unsung Lilly is an inspiring pop band from UK. With their music and stance on life Sera, Frankie, Wayne, Allan and Russ, embody many of the values and principles I live by, so it couldn’t but “just be” a love at first sight!
Now if you want to be featured in their new video about self-acceptance visit their blog here and find out how. Act quickly!
For a little inspiration, here is their song “Just Be” which was released last year…