The Liebster Award :) Thank You!
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by beauty expert and blogger Maria Muekalia !! For amazing tips and fashion trends follow her NOW!!
Thanks Maria, I’m glad to (finally) answer all of your questions:
When did you know fashion/beauty was your calling? – Since I was a little kid, about 9 years old. I remember my fashion mentor: auntie Eve bringing me all the nice stuff from her trips to Paris. I started making fashion drawings around that time. By the age of twelve I had made my first handbag out of an old pair of jeans and I was spending my pocket money to fashion magazines.
How long have you had your blog? – idol-image.com is up for the last 3 years. But I had experimented with other blogs before that.
Would you want to be a personal makeup artist or stylist? – I am a stylist and I do my friends’ makeup, among other things.
What is your favorite color? – P!nk – now you know my favorite singer too.
What is your favorite quote? – Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. Aristotle.
Jeans or shorts? – Jeans in Bahrain, shorts in Greece (my legs tanned).
Business or casual? – Hmmm… smart casual.
Favorite makeup product? – Dior’s Rosy Glow
You’re on a desert island…what three items are in your purse? – My iPhone, my iPad and a solar powered charger.
Favorite fashion accessory? – Bag of course!
What is your dream job? – If I were reborn I would have become a musician.
Now it’s my turn! and here are my nominations:
My love, My life, My everything
Here are my questions you have to answer before passing your own questions to your blog nominations.
Rules (they exist so we can “break” them 🙂
Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the eleven questions set for you.
Nominate eleven bloggers with less than a thousand followers.
Write eleven questions for your nominees
Who is your idol and why?
What is your craziest ambition?
If you were an animal, what animal would you rather be?
Seaside or mountain?
Sprouts or broccoli?
Are you a “feminist”?
Who is your favorite fashion designer?
What is the predominant color in your closet?
Where would one find you at exactly 12:45 pm on weekdays?
Which country is at the top of your “to visit” list now?
Money or glory?
Dr. Martens boots in full bloom
All of you who have worn Dr. Martens boots sometime in your teens… Raise Hands!!! Ha! I knew it! There are so many of you! I remember them being THE TREND in the 90’s along with all things punk…
Too bad back then you could only find them in the classic colors of black or burgundy.. whereas today they fully bloom!
Wear them with a tribal top as the one on the left above (Freepeople) or a punk t-shirt (by Vivienne Westwood) and black boyfriend jeans (from Rag & Bone). Want a more feminine twist? Try them on with a simple t-shirt dress (Freepeople).
And as I got a little nostalgic today, notice the hippie bag from Freepeople!
As for Dr. Marten’s Fall 2014 Collection you may visit Revolve.com and be sure to check our earlier post about Rag & Bone SS15 runway !
So would you wear Dr. Martens again?
The Greek secret (video)
Every Greek knows what ΦΙΛΟΤΙΜΟ means. It’s hard to explain to non-Greeks simply because there isn’t an equivalent word in any other language in the world and because it describes not just a term, but a complex set of values tried and tested since the depths of time when the Greek civilization was evolving. PHILOTIMO is engraved on our souls and directs our lives. It is in our DNA.
It is one of the reasons I feel proud to be Greek. It’s about honoring your word, sacrificing yourself for the greater good, being honest with yourself and others, living by principals and so many more ideas the following video nicely presents in an effort to decode this concept.
As a Greek, by watching this video I realized that when I distance myself from someone (something which I rarely do) it is because either I come before the sad conclusion that this person doesn’t have any φιλότιμο at all, or because he purposely stepped on and betrayed my φιλότιμο for his own personal gain so my αξιοπρέπεια takes over.
video source: Secret Real Truth
100 days – 100 thoughts
It has been a while since my last post and some of you already know the reason for this absence. My health adventure is past now and although it hasn’t been exactly 100 days since my surgery, more than 100 thoughts already passed my mind, some of which I would randomly like to share with you.
1. I love life.
2. Life must love me too. After all, I was given another chance.
3. Life is short but can be full. And should be meaningful.
4. Thank God I still have more time to find the meaning of life. If I ever do find a meaning, besides “living”.
5. Yes, I believe in God, do you have a problem with that?
6. FYI There exist saints and angels here and now. I know I met them. Find your own, there shouldn’t be farther than your side, all you need to do is call them.
7. Smile, smile, smile. Even your enemies cannot resist a broad smile. It will fill them with questions and you with giggles.
8. By the way, fashion wise the hospital nailed it. Green open back mini robe, white tights and blue beanie. Eco-friendly, au naturel and such. Oh so chic!
9. I enjoy a full supportive, loving, caring network of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and friends. I got reminded of that a second time in my life. You don’t need to go through what I did to check your surroundings and spot your family.
10. I owe so much to my lovely husband and our two incredible kids, I don’t think I can ever repay. Unless washing their underwear for a few more years does the job.
11. Being sad for whatever you face makes you ugly. Being angry for your bad luck makes you a monster. Being silent when you want to shout makes you a ticking bomb. Expect it to blow up in your face sooner or later.
12. Drinking a glass or two of wine every night doesn’t make you a drunk, a bottle does.
13. You know the saying: “Whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger”? Totally BS. This whatever can actually make you more vulnerable.
14. No money whatsoever can buy you total health. But be sure you can get the maximum of the health your money can buy. So be wise and get a good life insurance.
15. In some countries and for some doctors no.14 has no good use in any case, in any way and however much money you have. They simply don’t give a shit if you live or die. How sad.
16. I love Europe and I am proud I am Greek. My country is the best of all I have visited so far (and they are many). Eat your guts!
17. It’s ok not to like some people. It doesn’t mean you want bad things to happen to them, you just disapprove their negative effect on you. And you keep them out of your life. That being said I hate arrogance and lying.
18. I love flowers. Peonies in particular. Very few know this favorite of mine. My heart simply melts in the sight and smell of peonies.
19. So now you have no excuses to bring me other flowers than peonies. And gosh they are hard to find.
20.Those 4-5 kilos I gained after exiting the hospital? Screw them, they will go on their own when they decide to. I can’t even bother for a diet now. Besides most of the fat went to where it should go. The downside to this is that I have to buy new bras, no big deal about it.
21. And can please someone tell me who are these people who decide about beauty standards? Cause even if it’s “wrong” I gained weight, I feel much sexier now! Who nulled thousands of years of Aphrodites and Renaissance women curves? (It’s a rhetorical question, I don’t expect any answer).
22. Thank you. And you. And you. And you. Thank you ALL!
23. — Censored —
24. — Censored —
25. I shouldn’t forget to revisit and update this post with all the “censored” thoughts. “Censored” is a temporary status. So is my stay on earth. 🙂
26. What happens next nobody knows, what happens now is up to you to define and correct if necessary.
27. What happens between friends, stays between friends.
28. Be open. In the mind, in your heart, in your soul. But just in case keep the key to your gates in your hands. You never know when you might want to lock someone out of your little heaven. And it’s alright.
29. I don’t want to settle, I don’t want to set. But since this is inevitable, I hope I rise again. Like the sun.
30. I love you. And you. And you. And you. I love you ALL!
31. Everything is music to my ears. Every little sound. Your every little breath. And snore (more like heavy metal music).
32. By the way, listen:
33. They may have removed my tumor but not my humor. I wish people had more of this uplifting gift. Humor is the best way to deal with any obstacle in your way.
34. When you don’t give yourself the chance to ask for a break, yourself will make it so yourself can take it. Automatic process.
35. Don’t put too many things on your plate and then try to juggle with all of them. At the end you will have your “pasta” on the face. Relax. Take your time. Life is not a race.
36. TAKING A SMALL BREAK- SORRY I HAVE TO RUSH TO PICK UP MY KIDS.
37. The formula to a long lasting relationship? Scientists say they found it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/10690668/Have-scientists-devised-the-formula-for-lasting-love.html – Yeah, right.
38. I have my own equation to lasting love: Sex should definitely exceed in times the fighting. Fighting should not include any physical or mental harm. What does that mean? Well I don’t know, ask a shrink, he probably doesn’t know either.
39. Who am I a kidding? I know nothing about relationships. I guess finding the perfect mate depends on luck. And maybe kismet.
40. I’m not the only one. And I’m not alone.
41. Hello? Are you still with me?
42. Too much thinking brings you too much trouble.
43. I know, I’m a little crazy. And funny. And lovable. And… (up to you to complete that sentence, but honestly I don’t care).
44. Besides, there is no great genius without a mixture of madness. (not mine, – Aristotle said it first).
45. It could have been worse.
46. Palestine, Syria, Ukraine, Iraq… War, Famine, Greediness, political and religious extremism, The end of freedom …What is f.. wrong with you people? Didn’t history teach you ANYTHING at all? When will we learn? We all need one another, we are all one.
47. Irrelevant: FB(I) note: I wonder who are these friends of yours who don’t mind you calling them “bitches”. It’s not funny and it’s not cute. Don’t they get it yet that you’re telling them they are YOUR bitches? Low self-esteem bitches. It can’t get any lower than that.
48. Relevant: Sorry but I am honest, “a friend to all is a friend to none”. (not mine, – Aristotle again).
49. Cigarette cravings. I hate them. Can’t even enjoy my coffee anymore. Where’s science when you need it? Shouldn’t there be a perfectly “healthy” cigarette?
50. It’s not about destination. It’s about the journey. And you must learn to love this journey with all its “mumps and bumps”.
51. Refer to no.22
52. Refer to no.30
53-99 I might keep something for myself this time around…Anyways it is boring stuff you really don’t want and don’t need to know.
100. And please… don’t take any of these thoughts too seriously. Thoughts come and go and they may change over time. Life is a river of change.
The thing is that I’m back with a fresh mind and new “hardware” to start all over again from where I took the break. The software update didn’t quite succeed, with the basic functions of shopping, credit card spending and the likes still working fine as before, to the dismay of my significant other who had given the doctor specific upgrade instructions. Unfortunately no reset button installed either. “Stepford Wife project” totally failed. haha.
So what about you? How was your summer? Share a thought!
Happy Easter !
I have been busy trying to escape for the holidays, with no success so far. To cut the long story short, first Oman, then UAE, then Cyprus, then Austria, then Thailand… one by one the destinations would be erased from our schedule as the traveling plans wouldn’t work out very well. Anyways I am going tomorrow (or so I hope) and my next post is going to be from there. (No, I won’t tell you the place until I reach it safely 🙂 In the meantime I wish you Happy Easter.
If the Resurrection is resurrection from the dead, all hope and freedom are in spite of death.
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbyryke/5508726333/”>Robby Ryke</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/”>cc</a>
As time goes by…I will always love you
Men and women are complaining: “Relationships are not how they used to be”, but still behind a man’s and a woman’s touch, the substance remains the same…
When a boy meets a girl, either there is a happy ending or… a boy meets another girl…and that’s a fact. While changes are made through the years, similarities win by number.
The surface: We tend to introduce ourselves as a future love-mate with a beautiful appearance:
The woman dressed in the crinoline, wearing white gloves and holding an umbrella gave her place to the “lolita” party girl- dressed for success- that is flirting with the businessman in an Armani suit. It all fades out after the first morning glance: when all make-up is gone along with the last drops of alcohol in your breath.
Money talks: Everybody has a hidden desire to find a rich soul-mate. Afterall money makes the world go round…If you are eventually getting married, you are way better off with a wealthy man than with a poor one, even if you have to make some compromises. The old man may not worry about dowry. He can always end up with the poor but young and beautiful lady…On the other hand, the rich young men usually settle with a girl from their social circle…
Gifts: They are a girl’s best friend…especially when they are made of diamonds. From the humble sentimental rose to the expensive engagement ring, gifts can rescue a relationship, a marriage or a house! So stop being stingy!
Envy: Liz Taylor and Richard Burton were bonded in a love driven by jealousy and betrayal until the end. Through the years jealousy remains the same…only the leading roles vary, while the drama depends on the acting ability of the couple.
Unfaithfulness: Everyone has a devastating experience with a disloyal love-partner. In 1999, Bill Clinton’s and Monica Lewinsky’s sex scandal led to an embarrassing public speech and a “permanently stained” marriage…For common people like you and me the punishment varies from a big fight to a tough divorce, except in this case no one wishes to get informed about it…
Romance: You need to show your love under a full moon or lying on the sand next to the calm sea. You have to be holding hands or running around with your partner until you drop down kissing her or his salty lips…the image of people in love stays the same through the years.
Sex: It remains a priority for everyone, especially when it is about true love…in the old years the lusty location was a warm bed…in our day you can even have sex sitting alone in your computer chair…all the rest is plain technology…
Marriage: Most women are trapped in the old-fashioned thinking: Since 1900, women must get married even if they end up getting divorced. Marriage may be killing love, but men still adhere to traditions. After all, nothing is better than an ironed t-shirt, a clean house and a warm meal cooked by a sexy mother and a career-woman…! Of course, nowadays people of the same sex can be bonded too until “death do them apart”.
Mother in law: The same-old woman who is usually making snide and sarcastic comments about the way you dress, the way you cook and the way you raise her grand-children…Do not underestimate her. Start getting along with her for your own sake!
Matchmaking services: Τhe basic idea stays the same even though the traditional matchmaker is replaced by current technology love sites. Years ago young women were not allowed to chase the man of their dreams…the modern woman has no time for man hunting.
Good luck in finding your soul-mate…
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/millzero/2408535634/”>Millzero Photography</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/”>cc</a>
My birthday wish board
I am healthy, happy and lucky. I have everything I asked for and even more. I do what I love and I love what I do. I feel blessed in every possible way. I therefore ultimately wish… continuity.
Now, if I post a materialistic wish board, just for the fun of it, will you accuse me of greediness? I hope not, it’s my birthday after all and I am allowed to dream big.
1. Cartier MC-Tank 2. Montblanc Meisterstuck Mozart Rollerball 3. Proenza Schouler PS1 zip wallet 4. Chopard Imperiale Ring 5. Tiffany Key Charm necklace.
Love you all! 🙂